The Path We Choose

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Outtake Teaser

"I want to share everything with you, Bella. Not to bring up a sore subject, but I missed all of this the first go round. I don't want to miss a moment this time, even if it's for something as simple as a check up," he told me, his eyes burning with so much emotion.

I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair and pulled his head down to mine. I kissed him over and over again, just light kisses, but they were full of so much love and so much happiness, I was sure he could feel it. "If you want to come today, Edward, then come with me. I don't want to do any of this without you either," I told him as I played with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Jasper and Em will understand it if you beg off for today."

If he wanted to come with me, there was no way I was telling him he couldn't. This whole experience was just as much for him as it was for me and I wanted to share every moment with him, too. Big ones or small ones, they would all be firsts for the both of us.

He sighed mightily, a little more deeply than necessary but when I looked up at him he grinned. "It's okay for this time, baby. Now if we were talking the first time they do the ultrasound, then wild horses couldn't keep me from going to that appointment with you."

"As if I would see our baby for the first time without you! Our boy deserves to have both his parents present when we see his gorgeous face," I teased. I was feeling like the baby was a boy and Edward was convinced it was a girl, so it was a rousing argument in our house whenever the topic came up...which it did frequently.

Edward slid his hand around to the front of my stomach and lifted my shirt up. "Ladybug, you don't listen to a word your Mama says," he said softly as he bent down and kissed the bare skin before he lowered my shirt. "Bella, you're going to give our daughter a complex if you keep referring to her as a boy if you don't watch it," he smirked as he stood up and kissed my cheek.

"Whatever, Edward. I don't know why you're so convinced this baby is a girl," I teased back and heard Maddie grunt as she walked up to us.

"That's because it is a girl baby, Mommy," Maddie said as she patted my tummy. "I told you this a long time ago. You'll see," she said simply and walked off to sit and wait on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment